SMOKED SALMON SALAD IN A JAR
In a Ball Mason pint sized wide mouth jar (440ml), layer the following ingredients ensuring that they are put in the jar in the correct order so that the salad doesn't go soggy...
1. Red onion - 1 slice diced or sautéed (just allow to cool before putting in jar)
2. Capers - one teaspoon
3. Cucumber - three thick slices diced
4. Smoked Salmon - approx 70g sliced
5. Avocado - one third diced
6. Cos lettuce - to fill the jar
7. Alfalfa - one tablespoon(ish)
Ensure that the jar is full with ingredients compressed to close the lid. The mason jar lid will seal the freshness in and this salad should stay fresh in the fridge for several days, making it the perfect option for being prepared for a great week ahead!
NB: To eat, pour salad into a bowl so that the ingredients combine.