CHICKEN FAJITA SALAD IN A JAR
This is a great salad to make if you have leftovers from a chicken fajita dinner!
In a Ball Mason pint sized wide mouth jar (440ml), layer the following ingredients ensuring that they are put in the jar in the correct order so that the salad doesn't go soggy...
1. Avocado - one third mashed with a splash of lemon
2. Chicken Breast - one half grilled/lightly fried and sliced
3. Red Onion - one quarter sliced and sautéed
4. Red Capsicum - one quarter sliced and sautéed
5. Cherry Tomatoes - four quartered
6. Cos Lettuce to fill the jar
7. Cheese - one tablespoon grated
Ensure that the jar is full with ingredients compressed to close the lid. The mason jar lid will seal the freshness in and this salad should stay fresh in the fridge for several days, making it the perfect option for being prepared for a great week ahead!
NB: To eat, pour salad into a bowl so that the ingredients combine.