CHICKEN CAESAR SALAD IN A JAR
In a Ball Mason pint sized wide mouth jar (440ml), layer the following ingredients ensuring that they are put in the jar in the correct order so that the salad doesn't go soggy...
1. Caesar Salad Dressing - two tsp
2. Chicken Breast - one third grilled or fried, then sliced
3. Bacon - two short cut rashes diced
4. Anchovies - four (optional, of course!)
5. Hard Boiled Egg - quartered
6. Cos Lettuce to fill the jar
7. Parmesan - appox half tbs shaved
8. Chives - one teaspoon roughly chopped
Note: Allow all cooked ingredients to cool before putting in the jar.
Ensure that the jar is full with ingredients compressed to close the lid. The mason jar lid will seal the freshness in and this salad should stay fresh in the fridge for several days, making it the perfect option for being prepared for a great week ahead!
NB: To eat, pour salad into a bowl so that the ingredients combine.